1.24.2011

Natural H.air

So I've been DYING for a new hairdo for a really long time now.  I'm about a year and 8 months into my natural hair journey, did the big chop May of 2009.  It was my second big chop, the first didn't go so well because I honestly didn't do my research about taking care of my natural hair so it was nappy as heck.  So the second time around I did read up on it and made myself aware of some of the  natural hair gurus on the internet right now.  So this time around it is going much better, though I think my hair growth has been stunted by the stress I experienced in 2010 and my not being able to handle it as much as I'd like.

So while browsing around I came across some pictures of GORGEOUS natural ladies.  I think I found what I'm going to get done so look out for a post on that. 

|source|
|source|



































|source|
























|source|





















|Source|

Sidenote:
For anyone needing tips on ways to transition to natural hair, motivation to love your tiny afro, ways to figure out the right regimen, hairstyles for different natural hair lengths etc, check out some of these sites that I am utterly addicted to.

Happy to be Nappy
Mo

The Mop Top Maven
Leave In The Kinks
Kim Love's Youtube Channel
Naptural85 Youtube Channel

Hairlista Website
Nappturality
Motown Girl 
Roshini
BlackOnyx Youtube Channel

Sidenote # 2 :
As requested here is a list of the products that I use and have worked for me.

1. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil
2. Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil
3. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise
4. Unrefined African Shea Butter (my favorite)
5. Naturelle Hemp Hydrating Conditioner (my other favorite)
6. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment
7. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8. Eggs
9. Honey
10. L.O.V.E

8 comments:

  1. I love how you pick the hair style and i end up being the stylist..lol..I love it though because i learn as a result since i just did my own chop..

    Can we get some product recomendations on what worked for you??

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the very last look, im rocking that look and color..........love love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these looks Mo...so many great ideas that I might try! I think I told you this before but I'm obsessed with the Carol's Daughter hair products and they have really helped my hair grow out after my big chop....One of these days I'll take some pics of my natural hair and maybe blog about it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Wa, you told me.. I still haven't tried them.. I should get on it when I can. YAY for pics.. let me know when u blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait CeeCee aka Chanda cut her hair again? arrrrghhh Im going to kill this woman, she has such lovely hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I AM SUPER HAPPY THAT YOU POSTED THIS!
    I have been trasitioning for about 6months now and I still have no idea what im doing lol!
    Can you get those products here in halifax? I NEEED THEMMMMM! You are my saving grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helena m'love,
    you are most welcome. YESSS!!! you can get all these products here in Halifax.
    I get the Naturelle Hemp Hydrating Conditioner and Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment from Sally's in Bayers Lake. the Organics Root Stimulator brand from Hairdresser's market close to the Westin. The Unrefined Shea Butter from Walmart, and the rest from the grocery store.
    If you have any questions, FB me <3
    p.s. definitely check out the links i posted, GREAT tips and sources of info.

    ReplyDelete