10.16.2011

My DREAMS & My FRIENDS

Hey Loverbirds,

The past 2 weeks have been SO amazing. 
It all started over a month ago.  I really wanted to go to Toronto Fashion Week this October and didn't know how I'd get there as I couldn't afford it. 
I came up with a plan to approach a few newspapers to see if they'd sponsor my trip and I'd provide coverage of the week and also bring mainstream fashion news to Halifax.  
I heard back from one newspaper which advised me that kind of sponsorship was out of their realm however if I had something local they'd be happy to help. 
I haven't heard back from the rest.  
I was very disheartened and I remember the morning of Thurs, Oct 6th, I prayed that God would keep His promise of granting me the desires of my heart and I TRULY desired to go to fashion week.  
That night I checked my email to find a plane ticket with my name on it in my email.  A VERY dear friend of mine had bought me a ticket and I have to share the simple words that he said that still bring tears to my eyes when I think of them "I truly believe in your ability and would do the little I can to be there on your path to greatness. go get em!!!"
I was truly overwhelmed that I cried my eyes out for A WHILE! This humbled and blessed me more that I can describe to you. 
I still needed to raise money to get my media pass for the week and for my survival there.
After a few failed attempts at getting sponsorship for a media pass, again something great happened. I got an email with a confirmation for a paid for media pass for fashion week from my best amigo with this message "Happy eeeeearly birthday love
Being around you has shown me what it truly means to believe in dreams and have the courage to follow through!"  
Gosh, I'm such a sap! I'm already tearing up as re-read these simple words that friends have said to me.  I am BEYOND blessed to have friends that see so much in me especially when my vision is so clouded by my most present hurdles that I fail to see how great I can be. 
I'm thankful that I know God and thankful that my prayers reach Him.
Now as I am packing for my trip, leaving in less that 17 hrs, I found myself very pensive and feeling overwhelmed by the love I've been getting. 
I'm thankful that I have friends that believe in me as much as I believe in them. 
My dreams are not mine alone, they are also my friends' and their dreams are also mine. 
Thank you for your support lovebird, YOU reading my blog and helping it grow has helped to keep my dream alive.

Can't wait to share my experience with YOU
much love 

Musemo.

p.s To my mom and brother. for all you have done for me there are not enough words to express my gratitude. I love you both and I'm thankful for your belief in me. 


2 comments:

  1. This is beyond great. Wow. God truly answer prayers and also, you have some great friends who not only love and care for you but also believes in your talent. Truly touching.

    Have a fantastic time in Toronto! Can't wait to see the pictures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm so happy for you. "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all things will be added to you." You're proving God my love. Continue to prove him. This post was truly touching and is exactly what Garcia and I experience daily. If he can take care of the birds in the sky, why ever doubt that he can care of you!? He wants to give you abundance you're his child. He'll give you everything you need! Have fun in our City lol!

    MUCH LOVE XOXOXO
    Sasha FOC www.flawscouture.com

    ReplyDelete