12.15.2011

Event Geekery: 99 Days In

Hey Lover, 

Yesterday I got the chance to go to a runway show featuring designs from fashion students from 
the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design (NSCAD).
Each designer showed about 3 to 4 pieces.  The collections ranged from 50's inspired garb to a punk'd up Victorian era.
My favorite was Jennie Bijou who drew inspiration from the four elements: Earth, Wind, Fire and Water.
In her words, " I wanted to infuse the emotions, colours and textures that the elements evoke in myself.  All of the fabric was hand dyed with natural dyes as to respect the elements that surround me everyday. I want the wearer to feel the same joy and life while wearing the dress that I felt while making it, and to create strong silhouettes that make them feel as powerful and forceful as the elements they are representing."

check out a few of the pictures I snapped at the event and also a video of my fave designer of the night.

Love,
Mo







No comments:

Post a Comment